Brice, come look at the comments on my blog, isn't this exciting?
Almost monotone:
Mmm hmm, it would be even more exciting if you had washed my socks today.
He really is okay with me blogging now, just a little concerned about my time management skills (or lack there of).
I appreciate, beyond words, the warm welcome I received on my first post. I'm not sure I can live up to the expectations......we aren't really that exciting....But as most of you know ttwd is a wild ride and I'm going to attempt to share ours.
When I first stumbled upon the Learning DD website, back around September, I was totally shocked yet intrigued by what I found. I'll admit here, the thought of a spanking was a bit of a turn on (there I said it) but not something I spent much time thinking about it. I found so much more than spanking info, there was also all the talk about the HoH and the dynamic. Immediately I realized they were describing Brice to a T. Me? Yeah, not so much, I was about as far from submissive as you could get.
As time went on, I read and read, then decided maybe I should at least try to treat Brice with more respect and let him be who he really was. The results were immediate and amazing. I remember telling a friend......Wow, to think it is simple as being nice to Brice and he is nice to me!?! Why didn't I think of that before? lol
I began to laugh to my self about the raised eyebrow he would give me (that I now believe he was born with) and other comments he made that were almost direct quotes to what I was reading. Putting all of it together I thought maybe this could work for us.
We finally talked about what I had been doing and it had not gone unnoticed. Our little daily arguments had come to almost a complete halt. He loved it...which gave me the courage to mention consequences. I didn't say what kind....Just sort of mentioned it in passing. More or less I knew he wouldn't have much of a problem with spanking, we have always had a fairly...umm...active sex life. ;)
That's when reality hit. Brice KNEW I was SUPPOSED to be trying to yield to him or at the very least LISTEN to him....And he did NOT hesitate to point it out when I didn't. This is about the time I decided I wasn't quite ready to mention spanking yet. ;) I now began to realize what I was getting myself into....it started to be crystal clear how much my life was going to change...and exactly how UN-submissive I really was......
Uh..Oh...
What do I do now?
Next Post: Umm...You Mean You Don't Like Surprises?
Ohhhhhhhh you have NO idea what you are getting yourself into is right! And I don't mean with Brice. Scared? Well we have already talked about this, but for me at least it has been a journey in self discovery. So much of ttwd forces us to look inward, and reflect. It isn't easy to put a mirror to ourselves, and even more difficult to REALLY look. But you know what? The benefits, if you are willing, far outweigh the hardships. There is something genuinely freeing about beginning to actually discover who you are. I know that sounds so corny, but you know what I am talking about.
ReplyDeleteTtwd can cause harmony in a home, bring couples closer together, and can shed light in some pretty dark areas. Don't rush through anything. Be kind to yourself, because there is a great deal you might find difficult to discover, but we're all here for you when you need us.
love ya, willie
So if this comment was supposed to cheer me up it failed. ;) I know it's coming, I can see hints of it already...but you know I will keep my head in the sand as long as possible. The sand really is a good exfoliant....Great for your skin!
Deletelove ya back,
Betsy;)
Hi Betsy,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading this and hearing a little about how/why you introduced ttwd. Oh boy, it sounds like you have a natural HoH on your hands! LoL
Willie said it perfectly (yep Willie, I said it. Please adjust your halo :) Seriously though. You too are about to embark on an amazing journey.
Wishing you all the best.
Hugs,
Roz
Brice really is a natural HoH is some ways, and then things come along and you realize how new we really are to all of this.
DeleteYes, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm afraid Willie is right this time. ;)
Someday I am going to write about HoH's who are like wood ducks. They jump out of the hole of the tree they were raised in right into the water and off they go. They know nothing and yet find they can paddle away. There's this odd danger in ttwd that I notice over and over again. It's where a couple puts the cart ahead of the horse. (I promise, no more metaphors.) The spanking comes before the communication and then a couple realizes that there is so much to talk about and get overwhelmed. It's especially dangerous when your HoH is like a wood duck! I know these things...only b/c I have experienced them myself.
ReplyDeleteYou may be wondering what you got yourself into but how comforting is it to have that guy who is clearly up for the new role that he has always naturally wanted? No worries about how un-submissive you are Betsy. LOL...welcome to the club. This is exactly why we are all in it together and why blogging can be so helpful. Can't wait for the next part of the story!
Wow Susie, I read your comment and wondered if you had been in my house the last few days. Yes, we are slightly stuck at the communication part. I know I am as much to blame as anyone, but he has actually asked me to get him information to read. I think that is a huge step for us.
DeleteI am hooked Betsy:) Can't wait for the next installment:) now go wash the socks before you find yourself in an uncomfortable position:)
ReplyDeleteBea
Ahh yes, the socks...they are always forgotten when I do laundry, because Brice puts them in a separate laundry bag (because they stink) and it's one of those out of site out of mind issues.
DeleteHey there :)
ReplyDeleteI am just sitting here smiling like a nut! I am so happy that you have joined us all on here....and don't try to fool everyone....you have a lot to share....and I will be here on the sidelines cheering you on :)
I agree with the sentiments above, you all are in for quite a ride....and I am so happy to get to watch it all unfold. And yes, you may be a wee bit on the un-submissive side (ha!) but really....I think most of us are in that boat from time to time! That is what will keep us laughing....and crying....and talking wayyyyy too long!
Okay....I am off to clean (ha!)....now go wash Brice some socks! ;)
Love ya.....
~Lucy
Yes, I know, you like to sit on the side lines and hear me say....Yes, you were right!
DeleteIt is quite the journey isn't it. With TTWD the benefit is communicating and making our relationships richer.
ReplyDeleteOh Minelle, communication seems to be giving me problems at this point, we keep chugging along though. ;)
DeleteHi Betsy :) look forward to reading where your journey takes you both :)
ReplyDeleteDee x
Hi Dee, It is taking us...that is for sure, I am also looking forward to finding out where. ;)
DeleteHi Betsy. It is quite a journey but one that I think yo will be happy you took. Welcome to blogland!
ReplyDeleteI hope so Zoe, but the rough spots are really rough lol.
DeleteI've never seen 69 comments on a debut blog post before. That has to be some kind of record! Bloggers often say that it's comments that keep them going, keep them encouraged to keep writing, even as the exigencies of life conspire to get in the way.
ReplyDeleteYou say you just stumbled onto the Learning DD website? You must have been looking for something. Was the thought of spanking already a bit of a turn-on even before that? And if so, how exactly did that thought first take hold in your mind?
First of all Karl, I believe the high number of comments was out of concern that all my advice was coming from Wilma and Lucy. ;)
DeleteNow, the dreaded question:
Yes, it always was a bit of a turn on, really since I was little. I didn't think of it much as an adult until I read the book. Yes, that book. As much as I hate to admit it, that WAS what made me look at my husband in a different light. Kind of a...Wow Brice is kinda sexy while being his bossy self. ;) One thing led to another....and that's how I ended up Googling something that led me here.
With ALL that said, while I am a bit turned on by the idea of....or even the threat of a spanking, I have since learned I am in NO WAY turned on by the actual event. :(
Life, as you knew it, will definitely change. It's a good change.
ReplyDeleteYes, it has changed! A good change...that still remains debatable. ;) Just keep telling me that!
DeleteOOOhhh.. Please answer Karl's question as I am curious myself just HOW you came upon that site.
ReplyDeleteI think that makes wonderful blog fodder!
Now... I myself am supposed to be washing socks, or was it work pants? I can't remember, but I'm in my 90 minutes of freedom right now (called nap for the boys) and I have to stuff in as many loads of laundry that I can all while reading and commenting on blogs...
:)
Again, so glad you are here Betsy!
Ok Miss Emi, I would really love to hear your answer to Karl's question. I don't believe I've heard your answer to that before lol?
DeleteI, however, am VERY honored that you would spend some of your 90 minutes on my blog....and I am not joking....I know how precious that time is!
Well lets me say you are off to a wonderful beginning. Glad that you have joined us in blogland. Ok on those socks, buy more to help fill in when you start getting behind on those lovely chores we seem to get.
ReplyDeleteCathie that would be a great idea if I hadn't been doing that for the last 6 years lol. Yesterday he put them in front of my sink...a not so subtle hint. ;)
DeleteHi Betsy! :)
ReplyDeleteHow are those socks coming along? LOL!!! You left us all with a cliffhanger. Geez! :). A lot of that going around in blogland lately!!! Seriously, I am really looking forward to hearing more of how you got Brice onboard with DD. Your beginnings sound very much like what went on around here, and as you know we shared in the same "he won't let me blog" scenario. :). I think that Rob finally caved because I respectfully begged (as you encouraged! LOL) and told him that Brice let you blog . So thank you Betsy!! You asked me the other day when I am starting. Soon now- I promise. :)
I loved your line about how just being nice was making a big difference. It really is amazing how much of a change being obedient/trying to please does bring to a marriage. Just as you did, I did not even mention the spanking part for some time, and then just quietly slid it in there. Lol! Looking forward to hearing more! No worries, you are in good company- I'm in your "not so easy to be submissive" club. We can all help each other! Hugs!
<3 Katie
Katie, we have had a lot of similarities along this road so far. It is nuts how many things I said...oh, no, I will never feel like that, or I would never do that...just to have it happen. TTWD is sometimes CRAZY!
DeleteCan't wait for you to blog! ;)
It's amazing to see how much bigger, stronger, more confident he grows when you give him that little extra.... and I dare say perhaps a wee bit exhilarating ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is one of the MANY things I am looking forward to. At the same time Brice is wanting me to start standing up for myself. He says I let everyone walk all over me except him....Unfortunately, it's true.
DeleteHi Betsy! I really loved reading your blog and can't wait to read more. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. :-)
ReplyDeleteHi, thanks for stopping by. ;)
Delete