She was about 47 and completely overwhelmed.
Her neighbor of 15 years, and very close friend was moving away. (Well two miles away but still) This friend has been through more than any one person should have to experience, in the last couple of years.
A couple of weeks ago her friend called the old woman as she was happily commenting on blogs, and asked her to ride along on some errands. While they were out the friend fell ill and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. It turned out to be stress related, which really worried the old woman.
The friends new shoe would not be ready for a month after she had to be out of her old shoe.....so she would be moving in with the old woman, her HoH, her 19 year old that is in from college, and her 9 & 5 year old daughters.
Meanwhile, the old woman's HoH thinks she is having issues with her mouth....this is where the nursery rhyme goes wrong. I have ALWAYS heard the old woman was supposed to spank her children and put them to bed....well, not in this shoe...
In this shoe the HoH spanks the old woman almost every night ( for something about attitude? ) and puts HER to bed!
Then one day the HoH...
Get ready for it.....
Try not to laugh....
Had a small accident and pulled his shoulder out of socket.
Right shoulder.
The old woman's HoH is right handed.
The HoH had a MRI and will need surgery. The old woman now feels as though she has added another child to her shoe for her to care for.
By now her treads are wearing very thin and her HoH is about to hang her from her shoe laces. Even though she has been very sweet to him, and waiting on him hand and foot...;) (well, I was sweet)
Then there is the porridge.....No, she doesn't make porridge, but you see all of the old woman's children (young and old) want to eat. Everyday. Even though they ate the day before, they still want to eat again the next day.....annoying I know. ;) So she cooks and cooks....and cooks.
The old lady felt as though she did not have a minute to call her own and went completely MIA from blogland. She missed everyone there and couldn't wait to get back. She started getting a little snipity, thinking her HoH couldn't do any thing about it.....maybe she WOULD spank them all and put them to bed....hmmm.
That fantasy did not last very long, before the old woman was pulled over the HoH's knee and was shown how proficient he could be with his LEFT hand.....
I know....I hate tragic endings too.
This is my new favorite picture. I text it to Brice when he sends me a text I don't like.
(For instance, telling me to do something he knows I don't want to do lol)
I'm pretty sure you will see her from time to time here ;)

I'm totally using that pic! Welcome back and (((hugs))).
ReplyDeleteThank you! And enjoy the pic lol;)
DeleteOmg Betsy I laughed through this. I'm sorry it sounds like you were super busy and stressed. I hope things calm down now for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI often think of myself as the old lady who lived in a shoe, and recite the rhyme to my kids all the time and threaten to spank them, they know it won't ever happen and they even stick their bums out for me to smack. If I did that to H he would blister it for me :(
Anyway I have missed you and was just thinking about you yesterday. I'm glad you're back. Stay out of trouble, these HOH's always find a way to spank, even with dislocated shoulders and broken fingers.
Btw loved the way you wrote this post c
It will be a couple of weeks before things calm down, but we did escape for a little overnight break last night;)
DeleteOh Betsy, sorry, but I laughed through this as well. I love how you told this and LOVE the pic!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see you back. I hope life settles down a bit for you soon. These HoH's will always find a way it seems - sigh! Sorry to hear about the shoulder injury and hope he recovers quickly ... well. not for your butt maybe :)
Hugs,
Roz
You have no idea how much I miss that arm of his...I may dedicate an entire post to it lol. The injury is not really saving my butt anyway. :(
DeleteHi Betsy
ReplyDeleteYou sure do have your hands full with all the kids, husband being down with his shoulder.
I amazedthat the old woman didn't put a sign on the door saying Gone Fishing.
Glad your back
Bob
You have no idea how tempting that is Bob! I haven't gone fishing very often, but it's looking pretty good right now lol.
DeleteSuper cute way to tell a story! That poor old woman. And to find out that her husband is ambidextrous...
ReplyDeleteSending happy thoughts to the old woman!
Thank you Rogue!;)
DeleteOh Betsy.....I dunno living in a shoe may not be all that bad. I have one very important question......do shoes have closets?! If not...sign me up ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so *glad* to hear that Brice is equally as efficient with his left hand as he is with his right. Try to find some time to relax...even if you gotta leave your shoe for awhile :)
So happy to have you back.....
~Lucy
Yes, apparently shoes do have closets and they are arranged perfectly for left handers:(
DeleteSorry about the shoe and the laces getting too tight. Glad you are back here though. Sorry Brice seems to be so proficient with both hands.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a very good "nurse" either, no patience.
The shoes are busting at the seems but we are having some good times in all the chaos.
DeleteI may not be a great nurse, but Brice is a horrible patient! He does not keep is sling on, and is doing things he should not be doing with his arm. Grrrr
I've missed you Betsy! And, for real, what is with the whole eating-everyday-thing?? LOL!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your friend is ok...and that she has a friend like you with room in her shoe! Hope Brice is doing alright. ((HUGS))
Oh Tess, I am the lucky one to have this friend. She has always been there for me and I am happy to be able to help her.
DeleteShe kept my girls for Brice and I to get away last night, it was wonderful!
Hi Betsy! Good to see you!
ReplyDeleteWho would have thought Brice is ambidextrous? Good luck with the surgery and recovery.
You're a great friend. Glad she has you.
Thank you Sarah, we just found out his surgery is the end of next week....I can't wait to get it behind us.
DeleteLike I said to Tess, she has been a great friend to me.;)
So good to see you post again Betsy. Even though the *whats* of your post are really not so funny, the telling of it was so well done and comical, I was laughing all the way through it! Love the whole eating thing too!!! How annoying is that?! That Brice finally used his left hand, hahaha. Sorry! You sound like a great friend, but then I could see that already. :)
ReplyDeleteYep, he was right, his left hand is more efficient than I thought.
DeleteThings are rolling along. I just don't have much privacy for reading blogs, hopefully I'll have time to catch up soon. :)
This is precisely why I hate shoes! BareFoot is the way to go. Children and their need for sustenance, don't EVEN get me started!! Take your girls and add 5 more that is how much teenage boys eat!
ReplyDeleteAs for BRICE, you *so* knew that was going to happen. Heck even I knew that was going to happen and I've never 'technically' been in the same room with him!
Now go be everything to everyone....but the World to Brice.
love ya, willie
Yep I knew it would happen...sigh but as far as being in the same room...
DeleteI am now banned from using my phone's internet capabilities away from the house, until June 11. Apparently face timing on G+ at cheap Mexican restaurants with (cheap margaritas) uses up more of my media than I thought it did...Ooops;)
Betsy! I've missed you!!! :). You sound like a very great friend. It must have been scary when your friend went through that episode. I'm sorry that she is moving, but glad that it isn't too too far away!:)
ReplyDeleteOoh- sorry about Brice's shoulder. Those dislocations can hurt. No surprise that your HoH is ambidextrous! They really are something, aren't they! And we wouldn't trade it for the world! Hugs to you and glad to hear from you! :)
<3 Katie
You would have thought she was moving to Europe when we locked her house for the last time. We cried and cried, while Brice tries to point out she will be upstairs for the next month lol.
DeleteYes, they are something;) I really want to elaborate here but I am being good :)
Loved this post, Betsy! I had to wait to show Ian that little face. How cute! Sorry to hear about the snag in your fairy tale, I guess there is such a thing as a big bad wolf.
ReplyDeleteVery entertaining.
hugs
lillie
(Older woman living in a snow boot - this is Canada, after all)
Hahaha Lillie, yes, there is a big bad wolf! I suppose that means there are also happily ever afters. ;)
DeleteI guess mine must be a Converse high top, since canvas breathes lol.
This was so cute. I write this way too sometimes! I love fairy tales ;)
ReplyDeleteHope your Hoh's shoulder will be heal quickly. Until then, spanking with left hand may occur!
sara
Thank you Sara! Yes, but I will work hard to avoid it;)
DeleteOh the fairy tale all gone awry and an old woman spanked by a big mean gangly oaf. LOL...sorry Betsy.
ReplyDeleteMine has had to use his other arm and it is surprising how efficient he can be. Odd.
Yes, mean gangly oaf! How did you know? I don't remember mentioning that in my fairy tale lol.
DeleteHaha! What a great story. Except the tragic end to her end, that is. ;)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about his mad skills with his left hand, that's just all kinds of wrong! But I do love that picture. Somebody's ogre might just be getting a text...lol..
Stormy you be careful! Maybe I need to add this:
DeletePlease use above pic at your own risk. It is in no way recommended or encouraged to send this to your HoH by the author of this blog. ;)